Meditation Course Level 1
Learn to Meditate
Meditation Course Level 1 – Learn to Meditate
In this one-day intensive workshop, you will have the opportunity to learn and practice different meditation techniques from various lineages. The class is designed to be interactive, and our instructors will provide a safe and supportive environment to help you develop your skills.
The day will be structured as follows:
- First Session (3 hours): Introduction to meditation, overview of the different types of meditation techniques, and practice of somatic meditation, metta meditation, and working with ki and energy.
- Break (1 hour): Time to relax, refresh, and connect with other participants.
- Second Session (3 hours): Practice of single-pointed meditation and healing journeys, with guidance and support from experienced instructors, and plenty of time for questions and discussion.
Throughout the day, there will be a focus on the theory behind each meditation technique, which will be interwoven with the practice sessions. Our instructors will explain the benefits and practical applications of each technique, and provide guidance on how to incorporate them into your daily life.
The meditation techniques you will learn and practice include:
- Somatic Meditation: A meditation technique that emphasizes the connection between the mind and the body. It involves bringing awareness to physical sensations and using the breath to cultivate a sense of relaxation and ease.
- Metta Meditation: Also known as loving-kindness meditation, this technique involves directing feelings of love, compassion, and goodwill towards oneself and others.
- Single-Pointed Meditation: A technique that involves focusing the mind on a single point, such as the breath, a mantra, or an image. It helps to develop concentration and focus.
- Healing Journeys: A guided meditation technique that involves visualization and imagery to promote healing and wellbeing.
In addition to these techniques, you will also learn how to work with ki and energy as learning tools. This involves developing sensitivity to the subtle energy that flows through the body and using it to enhance your meditation practice.
Each meditation technique has its roots in different Buddhist traditions and has been adapted to meet the needs of modern practitioners. By learning and practicing these techniques, you will have the opportunity to explore the potential of meditation for yourself and incorporate them into your daily life.